Monday, August 21, 2006

Week 5 of 16

Yesterday was my first 10 mile run since 2002 and it felt great! I ran East on Pelham parkway, up Shore Road on the bike/run path into Pelham, over to the golf course (a great frisbee spot) and back.

No more shin splint problems since I changed my posture, iced up, and started stretching every day. It has become more difficult to run this month with an unpredictable schedule, night shifts, and 5am alarm clocks but I'm more enthusiastic as we come to the last 2 1/4 months. Also, the surprisingly positive support I am now receiving from my new medical school class of 2007 is boosting my confidence that I am not alone when I run. Thanks to all of you!

As I write, I am at 49% at week 5 of 16 -- nearly half way there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home