Sunday, August 13, 2006

Week 4 of 16

This week's long run was 9 miles. I ran to Pelham in Westchester County and back. I was getting shin splints for while and have been changing everything about my stride and warm up routines. I finally figured out through rest and ice and stride changes how to reduce them. Now they are completely gone!

Also, I bought new running shoes last week and they seem to be more supportive than the cheapies I bought earlier. Apparently running shoes are only good for 400 miles so I will need a third pair before the marathon. No matter what they say, running is an expensive sport.

I am at nearly 40% of my fundraising goals right now and I could definitely use the help of anyone reading this. If I don't raise another 1500 dollars, I will not be able to run in the New York Marathon this November. Thank you to those who have already helped me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home